To join together with people, projects, activities and organizations who share our purpose:
- the advancement of the Christian faith
- the advancement of education
- the relief of poverty
We do this by providing administrative support for those that are in missions throughout the world, allowing those gifted and called to missions to fulfill their calling. Our calling is to handle donations, and release the funds within the framework of government regulations, providing expert knowledge and professional service. Our services include:
- Donations tracking and receipting
- Bookkeeping (each ministry/fund is tracked separately)
- Accounts Payable (distributing funds received)
- Compliance (ensuring IRS adherence)
- Transfer funds to Canada (allows donations to Canadian registered charities) for Canadian organizations and ministries
Friends of The Great Commission was founded to provide our US agents with the same service that we give our Canadian agents, and is a registered 501(c)(3) charity.
The parent organization, The Great Commission Foundation, was founded in 2002. The Great Commission Foundation is a registered public foundation with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), established to promote Christian ministry and relief of poverty in Canada and around the world.
Founded by Stuart Rempel, he continues to serve as a Director and as President of the organization. There are three additional Directors who are passionate about the Great Commission and spreading the Good News throughout the world. Two Vice-Presidents give day to day direction on operations and accountability.